Friday, July 9, 2010

Workin for the Weekend

Actually today I didn´t work. I hurt my back yesterday, and got the surprising good news this morning that el jeffe aka the boss aka abuelo aka grandpa aka the old wan´t going to be there today so I didn´t have to work. My sad state of affairs was not heroic or anything of the sort. I was moving concrete in a bucket for most of the morning pouring some columns and then had to chisel some concrete out of a wall to get to the reebar in an existing wall in order to connect some new rebar structures, I´m sure you get the idea. So while chiseling said concrete I had to be bent over because the hole that would have made it an easy task to complete the tast was filled and of course on the side that would make it possible for a right handed person to easily complete the task. Not to break into a tangent but one very frustrating thing about my experience so far is that the people do NOT work effectively, and don´t seem to understand the idea of a master plan. It´s a bit here a bit there and then we´ll figure it out later. I can go with the flow, but when it means making the job noticably harder and then I throw my back out because of it, it´s frustrating. Yeah I´m a crybaby what about it. Either way today made me think of a quote from the 1984 classic Cannonball Run II when Marci says, ¨It´s gonna be a weekend you can tell your kids about, if they´re all boys¨ My weekend won´t be like that, but its a good line all the same. I´ll bet I´ll do some reading, hopefully upload some photos, watch soccer, and go listen to a sermon or two in Spanish. And maybe do some writing on the long awaited comedy show, Special Ed that I have been formulating for quite a while now.

¨Who knows I don´t know if I´ll have enough time¨

No comments:

Post a Comment