Saturday, June 26, 2010

Got to the countryside and have been with my new family the past few days. There are six children 2 boys, 4 girls ranging from the oldest boy 19 to the youngest daughter. They are super nice but don´t know any english, so exactly what I wanted. I´ll send some pictures as soon as I get em. Yesterday I mowed a big field a bit bigger than a football field that was about 3 ft. high with weeds with an old mower . Pretty awesome. Everyone is pretty religious. I can´t really understand anything yet because they talk super fast and don´t annunciate, but the mom is a spanish teacher and is going to give me some lessons. I guarantee in a year I´ll have some good spanish and be about 1000 lbs lighter. The food is pretty good, had broccoli pan fried in egg wash last night not bad. Apparently the trick to making refried beans is using black beans and givin em a quick spin in the blender, and in the morning we eat make powdered milk cereal, which is better than expected. They don´t know any music but christian music in spanish, did I mention they are pretty religious? They have a guitar and I constantly blow their minds with stuff like the beatles, and anything faster than a church hymn. The two year old is a big fan of lost cause by beck, I´m not sure I should or can tell her he is a Scientologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment